Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Golden wooly mammoth-from Tasslehoof Buurfoot #5

A drammoth has the wingspan of a typical dragon. They have thick fur and body proportions of a woolly mammoth. Add a tail and thin wings to that. Their head is like that of a dragon, except they have better brains, shaped between a mammoth's and a dragon's brain. Their forepaws are dragon claws while their hind paws are mammoth legs. Drammoths live in tundra and glacial climates. They eat anything they can grasp, so that's usually large mammals and predators. Drammoths aren't bloodthirsty, just cautious, they kill only what they need and keep generally to themselves. If they feel threatened, they will do whatever they need to in order to feel safe. If you were to approach a drammoth, it would either slash you to bits, crush you, torture you, or magick you. Drammoths take great care to destroy evil, and often take great pleasure in treating evil cruelly.

3 comments:

smiley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
smiley said...

This would be a horrible pet. I would be worried that it would hurt me when I tried to approach it. I wouldn't ever be able to have guests over because they would be too scared of my violent pet to get through the door. Also, I don't think the drammoth would survive at my home in the summer because it lives in the tundra and cold climates. Feeding the drammoth would also be a problem. It would be hard to feed because it eats mammals. I'm not going to go and kill some mammal so that my pet can have a meal. The drammoth just sounds too dangerous to be a pet. I think this creature is better off away from people.

Ursa Major said...

Well, a drammoth would definitely not do well for a suburbian pet. But if you want an effective "watch dog," I'd say that this is it. I think the only place that it would be good to have it as a pet would be in the tundra, where it could naturally feed on caribou, etc. The whole slashing to bits and things would be highly inconvenient. They don't sound very trainable. Altogether, it sounds like you'd have to be in pretty special circumstances to even consider having on as a pet. Protection from polar bears on the tundra? I think a less intense animal would do.